Friday, June 17, 2011

Really wanting to get things going....

So it's been a while since I've been on... seems like I start every post with that... well it's true.
I want, no... need to get my crafting under way.  I am behind about 2 years on my sons scrapbook and am not even done with my daughters 1st year and we're almost to a year and a half old now, so again not a good start to her book either.  I have been thinking about ways to get things going... I found a few things I am going to do....


First is the 365 day challenge.  I found it on a group post on cafe mom.  It basically consists of taking a photo every day, or every week... for me it translates in taking a photo every day (in theory) and scrapping them monthly for my scrapbooks.  I do a monthly one for my kids for their first year, but there's so much that happens after that that's worthy of being put in the book.  I think we as parents get lot in the importance of saving memories in the first year we forget about all the milestones that come after that.  Their hobbies, the changes in their personalities, and events.  Things we take for granted in the every day but are still special and important.  So, I am going to do this challenge, I started today in taking these photos a few minutes ago.  Granted the day has just begun here.  The first is the storms rolling in, we can just hear the sound of thunder in the distance.  My son riding his scooter around the fire pit on the patio, complaining because it's about to rain and ruin his playtime outside, him and I taking a quick shot of the two of us.  I love to take pictures with him... he still has his squishy little baby cheeks...  :)   I tried to take one of the dog with his stick but he wouldn't be still enough for my cell phone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment